Power Movies, Grow Money Smartly
Enter The World
“ The Indian film industry is the largest in the world in terms of number of films produced with around 1,500 to 2,000 films produced every year in more than 20 languages. ”
Historically, the Film industry in India has grown at a CAGR of over 10%. In the year 2016, the film industry grosses total revenue of INR 14,230 Crores. Going forward, the industry is expected to grow at a much faster pace year-on- year reaching total gross realization of INR 20,660 Crores by 2021. The key growth drivers are expansion of multiplexes in smaller cities, investments by foreign studios in domestic and regional productions, growing popularity of niche movies..
An Unique Investment Opportunity
1) Rising incomes and evolving lifestyles have led to higher demand for aspirational products and services
2) Higher penetration and a rapidly growing young population coupledwith increased usage of 3G, 4G and portable devices would augment demand
3) Entertainment Industry is set to expand at a CAGR of 13.90 per cent over 2016–21, one of the highest rates globally.
4) Television and Films segments are expected to lead industry growth and offer immense growth opportunities in digital technologies as well
5) From April 2000 to June 2017, FDI Inflows in Information and Broadcasting (including print media) sector reached INR 42,787 crores
6) Increasing M and A activity. Entry of big players across all segment of industry.
7) More big-ticket deals such as Walt Disney- UTV, Sony-ETV and Zee- Reliance
8) Measures such as digitisation of cable distribution to improve profitability and ease of institutional finance.
9) In 2011, Indian Government passed the “The Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Amendment Act, 2011” for digitisation of cable television networks.
Worlds Fastest Growing
Film And Entertainment Industry
India M&E Industry (Rs Crores)
India Film Industry (Rs Crores)
REGIONAL FILM MARKET
Director: Nagraj Manjule
Studio: Essel Vision Productions, Aatpat Production
Gross Worldwide Collection: 110 crores
Director: Koratala Siva
Studio: G. Mahesh Babu Entertainment Pvt. Ltd.
Gross Worldwide Collection: 200 crores